In order to accommodate how the nRF51 and nRF52 save data to the user flash area, BMDware requires a specific sequence of events in order to retain UART port and beacon settings across resets and power cycles.
1. Connect to RigCom over BLE.
2. Make settings as needed (beacon parameters and/or UART baud, parity & flow)
Quick Start Settings for Android:
3. Disconnect from RigCom (this saves the beacon and UART settings across reset / power cycle)
4. Re-connect to RigCom
5. Enable the UART and/or Beacon
6. Optional - if you want to save the UART and/or Beacon enable setting: disconnect and reconnect BLE again. (This saves the enable setting across reset / power cycles.)
It's possible to stop at step 5, however, the UART and beacon functions will need re-enabled after each connection to BLE.