NOTE: BMDware is no longer actively developed. Please refer to this article for more information.
When using the factory firmware with the BMD-200, BMD-300, BMD-301 or BMD-350, the following timing diagram shows the startup timing:
- Events are asynchronous. Vertical timing marks are for position only.
- nRESET: Low pulses should be >=100ms
- RigDFU runs for ~2 seconds after nRESET is high
- STATUS: Only present when configured with BMDware commands
- RXD: AT commands may be sent by the host at any time after STATUS goes low. If STATUS is not used, then wait ~2.5 seconds before sending any commands. UART bridge mode data may be sent after a BLE connection is established.
- BMDware v3.2.0 in factory firmware version AD includes a new feature of entering and exiting AT mode on-the-fly. Once enabled, the second reset shown above to enter UART bridge mode is not needed. Simpy set ATMODE high to enter bridge mode. Refer to v2.7 or later of the BMDware datasheet.