NOTE: (not for use with RigDFU) To use the Nordic SDK in your HEX file, it must be merged using the nRF5x Command Line Tools mergehex executable. This can combine up to three applications. For details see Nordic's "Merging files with mergehex".
Keil µVision IDE
1. Select project > Options for Target 'project'...
2. Navigate to the "Output" tab
3. Ensure "Create HEX File" is selected:
4. Click OK to build the HEX file
Kinetis Design Studio
1. Select Project > Properties
2. Navigate to the "Toolchains" tab
3. Ensure "Create flash image" is selected:
4. Apply changes, if needed.
5. Navigate to the "Tool Settings" tab
6. Navigate to Cross ARM GNU Create Flash Image > General
7. In the drop-down beside "Output file format (-O)", select "Intel HEX":
8. Click Ok to build the project
9. The HEX file is now visible in the project explorer under "project name" > debug: