The BMD-300 and BMD-350 antennas cannot be modified. The BMD-301, however, is specifically designed for use with an external antenna and has a U.FL type connector. The BMD-301 shares the same physical footprint and pin-out as the BMD-300. See the BMD-301 Data Sheet for a list of approved antennas. There are two patch-type dipoles and three whips on the list. Manufacturer part numbers are also noted.
- Pulse W1030 2 dBi 1/4 Wave Dipole – Whip Length: 108.3mm
- Taoglas FXP73.07.0100A 2.5dBi 1/4 Wave Dipole – Flex 7mm x 47mm x 0.1mm
- Pulse W1027 3.2 dBi 1/4 Wave Dipole – Whip Length: 136.8mm
- Kinsun 6670113050-145 2.0 dBi 1/4 Wave Dipole – PCB 12mm x 65mm x 0.46mm
- Kinsun 6610103081 5.0 dBi 1/2 Wave Dipole – Whip Length: 196.6mm
For the USA, the FCC allows substitution of a similar type of antenna (e.g. dipole) with equal or lesser gain without a need to re-certify. Details can be found in this FCC page: FCC Permissive Change Policy
It is recommended to contact an accredited RF test facility for the best and most recent advice regarding any antenna substitutions for the target sales regions for your product.